Race the Sun, Sponsored by Utmost International
- When May 21st 2022
- Price £330
We are delighted that our much loved event 'Race the Sun', this year sponsored by Utmost International, is to return. All money raised goes directly to supporting vulnerable children and young people in the Isle of Man through our many projects, thanks to our sponsor Utmost International.
Race the Sun is a relay race like another.
The task is simple - starting in Peel, at sunrise (05:05), your team must complete a lap of the dramatic 100 mile island coastal footpath before the sun sets (21:25).
The course follows the 'Raad ny Foillan' our stunning coastal footpath circumventing our island with beautiful scenery, a range of terrains significant height gain.
The event is open to teams of up to 10 people (teams can consist of any number of runners up to maximum of 10), who each run one of the 10 sections, which vary in length, landscape and difficulty; ranging from 10.5km (6.5m) to 18.2km (12m) in distance.
The runners will take in a variety of terrains ranging from impressive sandy beaches; picturesque glens; estuaries and exposed cliff tops. The race requires strength, stamina and agility, as well as sheer determination.
Race the Sun is definitely not for the faint hearted.
Please note this is a self-supported event and participants will need to transport their own team members, and make sure that team mates arrive at transition points on time.
Detaills of each leg can be found HERE
Exact route that each team member must follow, is on google map link HERE
• Leg 2: Runners are asked to follow the path on the attached map, but if it's low tide when they reach the Point then running next to the sea is an alternative. This is protect birds from disturbance.
• Leg 3: after coming off the beach, follow the road up Stanley Mount onto the Coastal Road turning left to Maughold Loop Road, where you will follow before joining the footpath to transition at Maughold.
• Leg 5: Please note this year's route will followed the path down King Edward Road into transition on Douglas Promenade and NOT take the path around Majectic Drive/Apartments.
• Leg 6: After coming out of Port Soderick and onto the old Castletown Road, turning off and left you will take a public footpath route to join the coastal footpath – this will be clearly marked with pink RTS signs
• Leg 7: There is no need to do a loop around Langness
• Leg 10: Passing Eary Cushlin car park, follow the RTS PINK signage into Kerradhoo plantation and down to the bottom, where the route will take you out and along Dalby Road (A27
PLEASE NOTE the event is open to runners over the age of 18, and that this year, due to tide times, the event will revert to being ran in a CLOCKWISE direction.
WHAT YOU GET
Bespoke sports t-shirt – to get you t-shirt you teams must have registered by the Monday 2nd May at the latest
You will be invited to attend the presentation on the evening when the race finishes to enjoy a delicious hot buffet.
The opportunity to work as a team, challenge one self and support a local Manx Charity.
This year, perhaps more than ever The Children's Centre really need to raise as much as it can from its established and now iconic events calendar – to maximise the amount raised to support the local services we provide to children and families in times of need and crisis, we are asking for teams to raise monies through individual or team sponsorship.
To register and secure your place in Race the Sun 2022 click HERE where you will be asked to pay a non refundable fee of £30.
Regsitration closed Thursday 5th May, with final registration balance is due by Monday 9th May latest.
Please note that participant's names and the leg they run can be amended right up until the evening before the event.
In the meantime if you have any questions please email Jane or Sharon at email@example.com or call 800 000